Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Surprise!!!!

surprise!!!! happy tuesday.....it's my new P-Day! it was news to me......as of saturday. don't ask me how i feel about it. don't ask me how i feel about it. don't ask me how i feel about it. hahaha. we have a new schedule because it's summer now for BYU......so our teachers want to like....sleep in and have lives....or something like that. GROW UP.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha bless their hearts. anyways. you'll be hearing from me on tuesdays for the remainder of my MTC stay....which BY THE WAY is on the downward slope now. can you believe it? i can't. nope, not one bit.

this past week i was DEATHLY SICK. like, okay fine.....not DEATHLY. but like kind of deathly. it was to the point that everywhere i went, people would go, "oh my goodness are you okay?!" -
my nose was stuffed. like super stuffed. every time i tried to breathe, my nostrils wouldn't move. so i spent most of my nights laying awake in my bed, because i was scared if i went to sleep that i would die. and my eye like wouldn't open all the way hahahahahahaha soooooooooooo you don't get a lot of pictures this week.........because i wasn't looking camera ready. but it was seriously the sweetest thing...........one day that i came into class, the elders just took one look at me, and walked out. so i was like, oh sad....they think i'm going to like spread a disease to them. and they came back like fifteen minutes later with ICE CREAM! oh, it was the cutest darn thing ever. i was sooooooooooooooooo happy, my goodness. like you have no idea. so-----that was sweet. annnnnnnnnnd on that note.......today my favorite (i feel bad saying that) elder went home today. like home-home. saint george home. ummmmmmmmmmm like i'm so sad. our district just got so much smaller! like now there are only six of us......and now i'm like the only one carrying the humor on hahahaha. but really, i'm just sad about it. he is going home for medical reasons.....and i don't really know what's going on. i just feel bad when people go home. and i will just miss him a lot. he made me think of home, and family, because he was just a really cool kid....really humorous.....and really in tune with his emotions. he would always talk about how sweet his grandparents are, how great his family is, and he'd cry. ALL THINGS WALLACE/SMITH. hahahahah. anyways. i told him when i get married he's going to have no choice but to be my wedding videographer...because he is AMAZING with film. and he does wedding films! soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hopefully i get married so that i can give him some business ;)

next up on some housekeeping business....................where the heck are you guys? why does no one write me?! likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee okay fine i need to hear some updates!!!!! it's like no bueno when you are at the MTC and mail is delivered TWICE a day....and you get no letters. for like a week hahahaha. sooooo like send me some mail hahaha. AND THAT GOES FOR MY FRIENDS, TOO. WHERE ARE YOU?! WHO'S ENGAGED?! WHO'S DATING?! WHO'S DOING SUMMER CLASSES?! WHERE ARE YOU?! yes.....this is supposed to be a guilt trip. i hope it works.

moving right along to the good and happy stuff.............................my life is amazing. like let's just talk about this weather for a second, shall we?! where did it come from? it's perfect! every second that i can be outside.....which isn't like THAT much....i enjoy it. the flowers are so pretty here. they are everywhere! and there are so many pretty trees and stuff. i took a picture next to my favorite blossom tree...i don't know if you still have the last one i sent home, but if you do, look at how much it's blossomed!!!!! that's how i feel, too. i feel like i've like literally blossomed since i've been here. i've been growing in talents i didn't even know i had! and it rocks.

we have "speak your language days," and i LOVE them. we add another day every week, so this week is 4 days of only ukrainian, next is 5, then 6, and then................................7! and then i'll be in ukraine. holy cow. so crazy. so great. so exciting.

oh, and my sweet mission president sent me a little email that said:  "i read a quote once: 'act enthusiastic, and you'll be enthusiastic!' that should have been written under your picture! you are truly a wonderful example of a positive and happy person. your love of the Gospel, and life, is contagious and the people of ukraine will catch that. you are an incredible example in our branch. thank you."  is that not the cutest thing you ever did read?! i just about melted in my chair. i thought you might like to hear that, too.

okay, so my spirtual thought for this email. first of all, as of sunday, there were 1258 sister missionaries in the MTC. we got to listen to the new President of the General Young Women's Board talk to us. she said something like, "the Prophet said that all women beginning at age 19 could serve a mission if they so DESIRED.......and look at all those that had that desire." isn't that perfect?! like what a great way to think about that. everyone here HAD THAT DESIRE TO SERVE. and it's amazing. 1258! wow. no wonder there is never enough food (did i mention my meal time is now 2 hours later than it used to be.....we never get any food anymore). but i just think this whole missionary thing is seriously the most amazing thing. i need the Gospel so desperately in my life....and so does everyone else. i can't wait to tell the people of ukraine what i know. i can't wait to tell them that there is hope. there is light. and the answer is jesus christ. he is the only way we can ever fully solve our problems. the only way. he is the only way we can be truly happy. any two people can accomplish ANYTHING, as long as one of them is the Lord. I know that I can do anything with the Lord. i know that he'll be laboring WITH ME as i serve my mission, because this is HIS WORK, and HIS glory. it is just so amazing to me.

another thought. in church, the mission presiden't wife spoke about "beginnings." she talked about how all beginnings are hard. any time you're "beginning" something, whether it be a paper you're writing, a new stage in life, marriage, babies, new places, ect.....it's hard. because it's new. i thought so much on my own life.....and all the beginnings i've started. i thought about all the things that i've done that have been hard.........and then all of my favorite things i've ever done. it all traces back to that beginning, when i pushed myself enought to let myself grow. i've realized i'm happiest when i'm growing. if i'm not growing....then what am i doing? nothing worthwhile, i guess. you know?! like if i'm not learning something about myself.....then i need to change something in my life. there is always room to grow, which means there is always room to begin something new. You can't swallow the world all at once, but you can definitely get some big gulps. why sip, when you can gulp?! hahaha i think that missions are all about creating new beginnings for people. for the actual missionary (hi, i'm referring to myself here), but also for all people. i want everyone i teach to have a new beginning. i want them to begin to follow jesus christ....because He will show them happiness.

yesterday i studied in Alma 26.....can i just tell you that i LOVE this chapter as a missionary? it talks all about the sons of mosiah, and what THEY felt like as missionaries. alma 26:12 has been one of my favorite scriptures for a while....and the chapter is one of my favorite chapters right now. it talks about how they left their homes, they left things behind ("privations"). they struggled....to the point that they said, ".......when we were about to turn back....." HOWEVER.....they said they couldn't even begin to describe how much they were blessed. they had no idea how much the lord would bless them! and they brought THOUSANDS into the Gospel. thousands. but they knew it was all because of God, and Christ. And i love how they say, "who can talk too much of Christ." (or something along those lines). I FEEL LIKE THE SONS OF MOSIAH. i feel like this. i can not talk enough about how much i have been blessed. i can not even begin to tell you how much i have felt the Lord's hand. i've been blessed up to the sky and beyond. and i feel so happy. i love being a missionary. my prayers are like literally at least a half an hour every night..........because i just sit and talk about how blessed i am. i wish you could even begin to know how much i have been blessed here. i can't wait to tell you stories. i am grateful every, single day to be alive. i am grateful to be a missionary. i'm grateful to be me. i'm grateful to have a living prophet on the earth. i'm so grateful for everything that i have. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh life is wonderful.

this week in "is that really necessary."
#1 i ran into brooklin at a devotional. i gave her a hug and we were talking....and this usher (please just die with me over the fact that they call them ushers here) comes like running up to us and holds a sign in our faces that says "reverent please." and doesn't even say a word to us. ummmmmmmmmmm like IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY.
#2 oh, this morning i did laundry. we leave and come back and get our stuff as soon as it's done. so i come back to switch my laundry to the dryer. i got there like 2 or 3 minutes after my machine stopped......and this girl was like throwing my clothes out onto the floor. i just started laughing. like is that really necessary? she had so much rage, i just let her keep going.

if you send me a package soon (please send me one :) pleeeeeeeeeeeease) then i would love some cinnamon bears! or something like that. and cheez itz. like the parmesan ones. or Four cheese ones. now that our meals are so spread out.....we have dinner, and then gym....and then don't eat until really late the next day for breakfast. and that's what i've been craving. and i'd love any conference talks you want to send. i love reading those. and i'd love like a deep or leave-in conditioner. and i love the mints that dad sends. you are just the very, very, very best. i mean that with all the genuine-ness i  can muster out of myself. i love you all and am just so grateful for you in my life. i can't wait to hear about Vegas, mom!
also....my favorite teacher was talking about funny wisdom teeth conversations......and i told him about my video. he was like I NEED TO SEE THIS. so he watched it on our break, and thinks it's the most hilarious thing. so now he keeps referencing the bachelor, or sean lowe, or me keeping secrets from the taboloids. it's really great.
  
well. i love you all. i expect to be getting letters from every one of you. aldkfj;dlfkjdf;klajdsf;l kdj;kalfjadl;kfj;sdlja;kdlfja;sdlkfj i just love you soooooooooooooooo much. things are wonderful.

life is wonderful.

xoxoxoxoxo sister jasmine Wallace




 i lovvvvvvvvvvvvve writing in my journal. thanks baby bean
there is this tree that literally smells like cream soda. this is me smelling it, like i do on a daily basis.
my tree
temple day
 yesterday i got to study outside. yayyyyyyyyy

just because
temple day
my nametag fell in the toilet......oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment